- (4-5 pound beef brisket) Beef Brisket
- (2 Tablespoons meat tenderizer,2 oz. liquid smoke, 1 Tablespoon celery salt , 1 Tablespoon paprika,1 tsp. onion salt, 1/4 Tablespoon nutmeg,1/4 Tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon brown sugar or maple syrup.) Ingredients
- Place brisket in 9x13 line with tin foil.
- Cover with liquid smoke and sprinkle with tenderizer.
- Wrap tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight...
- Next day mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over brisket.
- optional -keep wrapped tightly and grill 2 hr. on low heat.
- Keep wrapped tightly to keep all the juice in the foil and bake @ 200 degrees for 6-9 hours.
- If you are not grilling you may place it in a over bag to keep it moist also.
- If roast not quite as tender as you may like pull apart and place in a slow cooker with juice's and cook a few more hours.
NOTE; We like to tenderize a day before we grill...then grill night before slow cook 6-9 through the night on low heat and pull apart in morning (let cool so you can handle) and put in crockpot till lunch. sprinkle with homemade BBQ sauce....
Remember over cooking meat can make it tough...so size of meat and ovens can all play a part.